Giant Digital Ltd. is a web consultancy business. We specialise in high quality, user-focused, accessible web platforms for ethical organisations and the Third sector.
Our UX team is essential to our successful project delivery. They’re involved at the beginning and the end of our projects; helping identify features, validate hypotheses, conduct user research, develop appropriate UX, and test completed solutions. It's very much a people-oriented job, involving requirements gathering, business analysis and reporting to stakeholders. It also involves working with internal and external clients, understanding client needs and developing UX patterns to suit our shared vision. We require you to research new techniques and patterns, and test our software and systems against the brief, as the needs of the business dictate.
Hours and Remuneration
£26,000 pa., including separately agreed bonus structure, reviewed each quarter. Hours of 9-5, Monday to Friday, working from home.
- Good people skills; you will be required to lead stakeholder interviews, and user testing sessions both in person, and via teleconference.
- A solid understanding of UX research methodology and where to use various techniques to best understand user requirements.
- A good understanding of UX patterns, and the ability to work to develop UX plans and documentation for our clients.
- The ability to communicate UX ideas through wireframes and prototypes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience of web application testing, reporting, and managing quality issues to satisfaction.
- 22 days per year paid holiday allowance.
- You get your own book, magazine subscription and equipment budget.
- Private healthcare via a company-wide scheme for you and your dependants.
Our application process is typically made up of three parts:
- An informal chat over a coffee with our Research Director; we will want to get to know you better, swap some stories, and try to understand your motivation and whether we can help you achieve your goals.
- A small test piece of work in collaboration with our team; you’ll join us in Slack, and be able to chat with us, ask questions, and get to know the wider team.
- A more formal interview, again with the Research Director, and also one of the other directors at Giant.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com with your CV and links to relevant portfolio or social media.